Friday, July 1, 2016

#RWRunStreak 2016 Challange: Week 5



I got new shoes! If you read my last entry, you'll know that I was really getting some leg cramps and knew it was because I had to replace my shoes. I tried these bad boys on and they fit like a glove. Man, was that first run in them a huge difference in how I felt. Over the years of running I have become a custom to Nike's shoes. I have wider feet and some shoes tend to get narrow around the toes. That's always a huge issue for me because I end up getting cramped toes through much of my run. So I've been sticking with Nike, its what I like and what I know. Also, aren't they fun? I love the pink. :)

They say to change your shoes out every 3-6 months, based on how much  you run. When I was training last summer I swear I was buying new shoes every month. haha. But now I'm more towards the 6 month ranger. You get to a certain point where you can just tell by how you feel that you're getting too much impact in your joints and legs. When that starts to happen, time to buy new ones!

Week 5

Saturday, June 25

Day 27/36: 1.5 miles

Remus woke me up at the normal time today and I got down stairs to feed him and his brother (Skeeter, our 1 year old cat) and let him out. Then I decided, I was going back to bed! It's a Saturday, I didn't have anywhere to be so I could hold my run off for another hour and get some sleep. So that's exactly what we did. I was grateful my usually pushy dog was sweet and actually let me sleep. But after about an hour, he had enough and came upstairs to wake me up. It was a warm but beautiful morning so I couldn't even be mad.

Sunday, June 26

Day 28/36: 2.5 miles

I got to sleep in this morning! My husband was sweet enough to feed the "kids" so I can sleep in a bit. It was around 7:30 a.m. that I felt a 70 pound dog jump on the bed and put his chin on my chest (not joking) so that I'd get up with him. We had a hot and humid run but it felt good enough to go back out without him for some extra miles.

Monday, June 27

Day 29/36: 1.02 miles

I'm trying to be very diligent about icing my knees but this morning I could feel that I had been slacking a little bit in that department. But I got through it, humidity and all. Gross!

Tuesday, June 28

Day 30/36: 1.02 miles

Rainy mornings are not my friend. Not only does it make it more humid outside but the bugs are killing me. Even Remus seems annoyed by them. Anyways, we made it around our normal loop for the morning. I'm still doing my strength training exercises and I added in squats and push ups, which I usually hate but I have to give them another try!

Wednesday, June 29

Day 31/36: 1.02 miles

Can you sleep walk through a work out? Is that possible? Or am I just so amazing that I invented it on my own? I've been trying to be really good about going to bed at a decent time buuuttt I'm reading this really good book right now! So I get into this "one more chapter" mode and I'm not going to sleep until like 10:30 p.m. Which might not seem late to some people but to me, that's late. 

Thursday, June 30

Day 32/36: 1.5 miles

Okay, I'm just going to say it...I kicked ass this morning! The weather was beautiful and I felt so awake this morning that our run felt effortless and we even added on a little more time around the college. When I got home I did my strength training routine again and was surprised by how great I felt. I was ready to conquer the day!

Friday, July 1

Day 33/36: 

Another beautiful morning. My legs were KILLING me this morning and I'm blaming the squats. Haha. We all but walked this morning but we did make sure to run up the hills so it still counts! Still moving, still out in the fresh air, still relaxing the dog! I took the morning off from strength training and just did some deep stretches. I'm ready for wine and pizza tonight!


So I only have 3 more days of the Run Streak and then I'm done! I'll do a recap of my thoughts and struggles with the entire thing next week. All in all, it feels good to be almost done with it but I'm sad its 4th of July already! Enjoy your weekend! I know I'll indulge a little more than usual because its a holiday weekend but I won't be skipping any workouts either. Its all about balance with me. 

Enjoy!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment