Friday, April 15, 2016

Easiest Meatball Recipe Ever!


I've dubbed myself a "wannabe foodie" because I love food and I love trying new recipes and different types of food. But let's face it, I'm not the best cook. My sisters are both amazing cooks. Megan went to culinary school and can just whip ingredients together that I've never even heard of and Yana makes the BEST homemade sauces, ever. They're so good. 

That's just not me.

But I can follow a recipe! I have a handful of food blogs that I follow so that I switch up my dinner meals every now and again and also to try and cook a little healthier. I'll be sharing them with you from time to time -- especially the yummy and easy ones.

Okay, so here's a recipe that I've tweaked over the years to make it simple and easy. I mean, come on, who doesn't love meatballs? 
What you'll need:

1 pound of ground turkey 
(you can obviously use beef but I prefer turkey to keep it on the healthy side)
1/4 cup of milk
1 egg
2 garlic cloves -minced
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon of parsley
1 jar of sauce
salt and pepper 
1 large mixing bowl

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Then get back to your ingredients and just throw them all together (using the measurements, of course) in a large mixing bowl. One super easy trick my sister, Yana, taught me for mincing garlic is to use a cheese grater! Watch out for your fingers but its so much easier than trying to chop the garlic up super fine OR biting into a big chunk of garlic, I hate that! 

I would take this time (before your hands get messy) to grab a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper. This is what your meatballs will sit on while they bake. If you don't have parchment paper, no biggie, just use some cooking spray so they don't stick. Parchment just makes for an easy clean up.

Once all your ingredients are assembled start mixing. The best way to do this is to just get right in there with your hands. I know its yucky but you're gonna have to do it anyway when you form the meatballs. Then start forming them and placing on the cookie sheet. It usually makes about 12 two-inch balls. Bake for 15 mins.

You'll then need a deep saute pan and your sauce.


Once your meatballs are done baking, you'll place them in the saute pan. They usually have little rings of fat around their bottoms from sitting on the baking sheet, I always scrape this off so it doesn't come off in the sauce. Add the meatballs to the pan and then just cover them with sauce. 



On medium - high heat, bring to a rapid simmer (covered or you'll have sauce spots everywhere) for 20 mins. 

Then viola! You're done. Easy right? I don't usually eat these with anything other than a salad or some garlic bread. I just sprinkle on some cheese and extra parsley and enjoy. You can easily make some pasta to go along with them though. Or meatball sandwiches! Yum.

The best part is that you only used two dishes and some measuring cups and spoons. Easy clean up for the win!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment