Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Southern Charm: Hold Your Horses


The episode starts out like it normally does, we see everyone starting their day. Craig is getting ready for his new job. He's dressed in a nice suit and wants to get into the office before JD so he can make a good impression. What he doesn't seem too pleased about is JD mentioning that sometimes he has to get his hands dirty. As JD puts it "put on some jeans and knock down a wall." I still don't get what this company is..I thought it was a hospitality group? Why are we knocking down walls? I can't tell if that was a metaphor.

Cameron goes over to see Shep and they drink beers. They talk about Shep dusting off his old real estate license to work together? This is news to me that he held a job at some point although I wouldn't be surprised if he just had the license and never used it. The one thing bugging me in this scene is that HE GIVES HER A BUSCH LIGHT! Come on, Shep! You're like 38, you should not have Busch in your fridge past the age of 25, I'm sorry. Life is too short to drink cheap booze, and he can afford it. 

On the other end of drinking, we see TRav pouring himself a bourbon and coke using Knob Creek. I'm sorry - that's the good shit, you don't mix that! Does anyone else agree with me? You don't need to be drinking Busch beer but you don't mix Knob Creek with coke! But I guess he can afford it...touche. 

TRav gets a phone call from Kathryn Calhoun Dennis about a house she wants to buy. She just happens to be in the neighborhood so she stops by to show him and get his stamp of approval. Also, she needs a co signer. He tells her this is the time to build her own credit. THANKS DAD! What a bullshit comment. So Kathryn Calhoun Dennis turns on the water works and tells him that she needs his help because she doesn't want her kids to realize he has a better house than she does. No, seriously guys...that's what she says. He invites her and Kensie to come by the plantation to watch him play polo.

Mother is planning her flamingo party. Its a boring scene and you don't even want to hear the story that inspired the flamingo party. The only relevance here is that Kathryn Calhoun Dennis isn't invited, since I'm sure this will come up again. I think Mother is cool and everything but I don't know why she's a staple on the show. I'm convinced its only because Lady Gaga tweeted in the first season that she loved her. 

Shep meets up with Danni and Cameron and they tease him about his dating rituals. Cameron also says "yolo" and lost some points in my book.  I need to sidenote here: Does anyone else love Danni? I don't know why she's not a main character on the show. Shes always hanging out and shes SO cute. I'm curious about her story! The only thing we really know is from season 1 that she dated Shep. Hello, Andy!? 

We see Landon out hitting some golf balls with her dad. She said she's been playing her whole life but she looks like me out there...and I've played like twice in 32 years.

So now Landon tells her dad she wants to open up a bourbon bar downtown but members only because everyone downtown are just dumb young kids who drink Busch beer or mix good bourbon with coke. But in the meantime shes working on an online magazine...okay. Dad seems unimpressed. 

He tells her to pick one idea. She asks him for investment money. He says no...and tells her God takes care of kids and fools. Mmmmkay.

HOLD THE PHONE! Craig wants to take Cameron to go RING shopping for Naomi, his new girlfriend! No, no. He says he wants to do the mature thing and take the next step. I'm shocked! Wait...okay...so once I stopped glaring at the jeweler with the stupid magnifying goggles on his freaking head, I hear Craig say this is a pre-engagement ring. A promise ring?? Are those still things? And he's spending $3,000 on it. Whatever. Cameron thinks since Naomi is out of his league he wants to lock her down fast. Good support there, Cam.

I could've done without the scene of seeing TRav shave with his shirt off. Thanks, Bravo.
He goes to visit Mother and kisses some serious ass to try and get her to invite Kathryn Calhoun Dennis to the flamingo party. She drinks her gin martini and doesn't budge. 

Now we're finally at the polo match and TRav is excited to see Kensie. 

Fake friend Jennifer Snowden pulls up in a Maserati...I'm not kidding...and they load all of Kensie's stuff into her car instead of taking the car that probably already had her stuff in it. 
So Kathryn Calhoun Dennis is saying that shes excited to have a family day with TRav...but then why is Jennifer there? 

JD and Elizabeth are at the polo match and excited to see Kensie, their goddaughter. But Kathryn Calhoun Dennis thinks they don't have her back. She thinks they took TRav's side. Which is stupid. 

They pull up and Kathryn Calhoun Dennis flips the fuck out because JD and Elizabeth are there. She says again that its suppose to be a family day, but again, why is Jennifer there then? I really don't know why shes so upset. Even if she isn't friends with JD and Elizabeth anymore, are they not still Kensie's godparents? She's such a bitch. 

Jennifer grabs a quick glass of wine and pretends she doesn't know what's wrong with KCD even though she just heard her bitch for the 2 hour drive. KCD packs up Kensie and takes her home...saying that if TRav wants to play checkers, than she'll play chess. Whatever that means. 

Okay, I actually felt bad for TRav for the first time ever because he says "Where's my baby" meaning Kensie. Ouch... :(
He makes a point of saying he's now not going to co-sign for the house and I don't blame him. 

So that's our episode for this week. I can never tell if KCD is really crazy or if shes just acting for the show. Thoughts? I think she's crazy. I think this season is going to be all about these two and I'm just not into it. 

Next week I'll be in Savannah, GA (having my own Southern Charm experience!) so I haven't decided if I'll skip a post for next week or just post it really late. 

Stay tuned for next time, though!
xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment