Monday, April 11, 2016

I Am Who I Am...

This is awkward.
I honestly gotta say that I started this blog up about a year ago hoping to recharge my love of writing things down but I never got to it. But here I am...feeling antsy and aimless...and starting to give it another shot.

I want to have a blog that is 100% me. "A Myla Minute" (get it, like a mile a minute? Which is sometimes how my brain functions. Even right now I have about 10 tabs open). I'm Myla and what I first aimed to do was write just what was going on in my head or my life, my random obsessions, whatever! So that's what I'll do.

But first, let me tell you a little about me.

I was born Myla Harty in Middletown, PA to two amazing people named Terri and Billy who couldn't be more different. I have 6
siblings, but two sisters that I grew up with in our household, including a twin named Megan. Yes, I said I have 6 siblings who are all children of my father and I honestly don't think you would believe the whole story if I told you. We can dive into that later, can't we? Yes.                                              
My father died when I was 14 years old and I'm now 32 and only beginning to recognize the layers of myself that were shaped by losing a parent at such a young age (again, another story for another time).

I've always loved to write ever since I was a kid. My favorite assignments were anything that had to do with writing a story and sharing it with the class. I decided to go to college for journalism and that is exactly what I did! I've always loved writing creatively and I MISS it, hence the blog.

I met my husband when I was 20 years old while I was interning at a local newspaper in Hershey, he was (and still is!) working as a photographer at another local newspaper in town. A journalist marrying a photographer? How cliche, but that is exactly what we are not. We dated for awhile ( I had some shit to sort out and so did he) we moved in together after 4 years of dating and got hitched at 7 years. We just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary this past February. We have 1 dog, 1 cat and a whole lot of love, laughter, dreams, and ambitions. Neither of us aims to have any children, we love being Aunt Myla and Uncle Nate, and the parents to fur babies which is enough for us!


I have some of the most amazing friends a girl could ask for. Some I have know for 25 years and others I have known for 4 years, but they are all so different in their own ways which makes my heart so full. I'm constantly learning from their different upbringings, lifestyles, and ways of looking at the world. I don't know what I would do without them sometimes.

Anyways, there's a lot about me that you'll get to know. Thinking that I will actually open up enough to tell you things about me!

You can be prepared to read posts about food, running, WINE, friends, family, my animals, TV shows I'm obsessed with, movies I've watched, books I'm reading, where I'm traveling,  the whole gamut. So I hope you enjoy. And if this ends up just being me writing to myself, well then, what else is new?

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read your posts! Great start to a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig it! And looking forward to reading more posts :)

    ReplyDelete