Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Southern Charm Real vs. Fake "Saints and Sinners"


What a perfect way to end my holiday weekend, watching Southern Charm! Overall, this was a good episode, but I think I still might have a warmed heart from seeing the new Kathryn Calhoun Dennis baby at the end. No matter what I think about her, she has some cute little kids. But it wasn't an entire episode about Kathryn and TRav drama, and I don't recall anyone bringing up the "invite-gate" scandal so you know that makes me happy.

We have a confession of jealously, a man child trying to be an adult, a new baby, paternity questions, and more! But how many are real moments and how many are based off of a Bravo script? Here's my opinion with the Real vs. Fake!

Real Moments

  • Spa day with mother-to-be Kathryn Calhoun Dennis and Cooper. Confession: Cooper has really grown on me. It's not that I ever didn't like him but I just wasn't sure what to think about him. However, we have seen him give Kathryn Calhoun Dennis solid advice twice now. Dressed in a plush robe with a bow tie and loafers, Cooper tells Kathryn that she may want to stop hitching her wagon to TRav's star because he is a 50 year old playboy and although he has two children, he is not looking to settle down and this she should just accept. I like that he gives her big brother advice like this, I think he really looks out for her and wants her to do well and be happy. Not reality show happy, real happy.
  • Naomie's concern about Craig taking a trip to LA right before the public launching of Gentry Bourbon. He's not concerned, he has everything done that was asked of him. Uhhh, isn't he the project manager? A week before a huge event is ... well... HUGE! Come on, Craig. Get it together.
  • Landon admitting to Cameran that its a hard knock life for a single lady in Charleston. She knows what she wants and what she doesn't want. And confesses that its hard to see Shep getting a little serious with Bailey. (Although, last episode he said she didn't even know he was going away for an entire weekend so I'd argue that it isn't THAT serious). Whether they are real feelings or just a little jealousy of your close guy friend (been there!), I can't tell. 
  • However, when she calls him to ask if he will be attending the Charleston races, and he tells her that his grandfather passed away so he won't be there, you really get the feeling that they are good friends. Friends before a reality show, friends during, and friends after. I felt that way anyways. I like these two. 
  • Ugh, that dinner with TRav and Kathryn Calhoun Dennis. Kathryn begins the start of a conversation that you can tell means something to her and she was working her nerve up to say, and homeboy takes a call from his decorator! And tells her he'll be home in 45 mins. Come on, TRav, you can't even have dinner with someone your SO concerned about? Go away. I do think that was a real moment though because Thomas is a moron.
  • JD is pissed off that Craig would just straight up not be at work the week before the bourbon launch. He doesn't even get to the event bright and early but sleeps in and arrives with the rest of the guests. Even interns have to be there before the guests.
  • Landon telling Cameran to wear a sundress to the races when we see later everyone is freezing and its raining. We all have that one friend...
  • The last scenes of TRav eating with his adorable family (omg, Kensie is the cutest) and getting ready to take Kathryn Calhoun Dennis to the hospital. Cut to how many hours later but St. Julien Rambert Ravenel is born and I got a little teary eyed, folks. Although I don't have or want babies of my own, I'm a sucker for a little face wrapped in a blanket. 

Fake Moments 

  • JD and Thomas having a bourbon and discussing the paternity of Kathryn's child. I don't understand why this was even brought up or why JD thinks its suspect that the inducing date got moved up. I really am confused... Regardless, I don't think this was a natural conversation, I think if JD was going to tell TRav to question the paternity of the baby, it would've been when they first learned she was pregnant, not weeks before. And maybe he did, what do I know? They do have lives when the cameras turn off.
  • The whole trip to LA. I don't understand why they even went out there? It really was a scene that could've been cut. Did they even do anything? They were in LA for like two days and they partied and stayed in for a massage. Way to make that trip count.
  • JD calling Shep about not being able to reach Craig. Perhaps Bravo wanted to continue the story line of Shep harping on Craig for every little thing. I get that his voicemail was full but why didn't he call Naomie? Did he even know Craig was in LA with Shep? Cause he didn't seem to...I'm just wondering why he would call Shep.


How would you categorize the conversation at the end of the show between JD and Craig? I couldn't tell! I know JD was really upset with him but Craig's attitude was just brushing it off. I really wasn't sure if he didn't care or was just pretending not to care to save face. I do think he acts like a brat and could be the poster child for stereotypical millennials.  Let me know what you think!

Til next time!
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment