Tuesday, May 17, 2016

"Blue Ridge Mountain Blues" Thoughts on Southern Charm



Can we go back to last week's episode? When everyone was actually a human being instead of a Bravo TV employee? I was feeling really good about it, like I had an old friend back. But OH NO, we have to continue talking ad nauseum about why Kathryn Calhoun Dennis should be invited to events and included in everything and Craig continues his campaign to find out why Whitney really doesn't want to be around her.

I'd like to point out that I was tweeting along with last night's episode and I'm just thinking...did I miss something? Perhaps an entire season? Why is Kathryn Calhoun Dennis getting so much love while Landon and Cameran are being put in front of a social media firing squad? KCD has done nothing to make people WANT to be around her. She spent the majority of last season flailing around and trying to make TRav pay attention to her and put a ring on it while being mean to Landon and alienating herself in the process. What do they owe her? Look, I think its totally lame if everyone made a pact to not film with Kathryn Calhoun Dennis, I think that's a little prima donna of them, but...can you blame them? You reap what you sow, in my book.

Anyways, the group head up to NC to Shep's family home this week and here are my thoughts:

10. Shep invites Kathryn Calhoun Dennis to the trip up to North Carolina with the group, knowing she's not going to be able to make it because she's on bed rest. I think that's actually a nice gesture - she still feels included while Cameran and Whitney can feel superior to her in every way because they get to go and she can't. Win, win?

9. Cameran meets with a therapist about her fears on becoming a mommy. I know therapy is a safe place and everything but it seems like its time she had this conversation with her husband. There are only so many dinner parties you can throw on a man to distract him from the fact that you don't want children. Especially since he was never invited to the dinner party in the first place.

8. To that point, I'd like to point out that Cameran needs to stop harping on Shep about getting married JUUUSSSSTTT like she hates when people ask her about babies. Its annoying Cam, stop.

7. Craig goes to visit KCD and through a not at all staged sit down (You're not fooling me, Bravo) Kathryn magically confesses that back in season 1 when we learned she slept with Whitney and made it seem like a one night stand, she actually calculated her moves to not only move some clothes into his place but hang out with him AND go with him to a party she knew TRav was going to be attending, in order to make TRav jealous and compete for her. It worked. And not only that, but MAGICALLY Bravo has unseen footage of Whitney storming out of the party because Kathryn goes home with TRav. She said she vaguely recalls a nasty text from Whitney about her stuff being out on the lawn for her to collect. See...this is what I'm talking about, she has no feelings. She had a goal in mind and she was getting to it. How did that work out for you, Kathryn? Whitney was just who she needed to get to where she wanted and she could care less if she hurt him. This is why I refuse to feel bad for this girl. I say it again, you reap what you sow cause, girl, now look at the mess you're in.

6. Craig mentions that Cameran drank the Whitney Kool-Aid which at first I was like "piisshhaaa" but they do seem to be awfully chummy lately. I can't remember from the past seasons if they were ever really friends but a couple episodes ago they skip the party bus to drive together to Shep's roller rink party and then this time they take a separate car AGAIN to avoid the party bus to Shep's mountain home. It either has something to do with party buses or or just excluding themselves from the group.

5. Okay, so was it just me or did you get the impression from Shep that this group would be roughing it? That was the most gorgeous house I've ever seen. Like seriously, that's a house I would work my whole life to be able to retire in and its only 1 of 4 properties for Shep's family. I'm green with envy.

4. Shep calling his mom to about the mountain house and she tells him the fridge is stocked for his friends and a cleaning crew would be coming up after they leave. I'm speechles...I am without speech.

3. Landon FINALLY admitted that she did not invite Kathryn Calhoun Dennis to Shep's roller rink party. Okay, she said it. Can the Twitter lynch mob for Landon stop now and we can all move on with our lives? I agree that she was in the wrong but it really was not that big of a deal.

2. TRav pretending that he really cares about not upsetting Kathryn Calhoun Dennis by not going to Shep's mountain house. He insinuates that he can only stay in Asheville one night because of Landon. To that I say, since when you do you really care about what Kathryn thinks. Stop acting like you have her best interest at heart when all you've done is cheat on her. Go. Away.

1. Craig and Whitney have a little tiff over how Craig is cooking the steaks. "Did you put salt on the steak? I'M LOW SODIUM!" says Whitney "This is how I cook my steaks" says Craig. To which Whitney says that Craig can't cook and Craig gets his wittle feelings hurt so decides to blurt to the ENTIRE group about Whitney and Kathryn.

And that's where our episode ends. I guess they will be dragging this fight into the next episode. I really don't understand why Craig likes Kathryn Calhoun Dennis. I mean, I get that they're friends but...why?

Til next time, we'll see what happens in Linville!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment