Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Real vs. Fake on Southern Charm "Whit's End"


I just want to state on (digital) paper that Bravo can really skip the recaps in the beginning. We know what happened last week, its not rocket science.

This episode starts where we left off, which is Craig dropping a major Kathryn Calhoun Dennis bomb in the group's lap about Whitney having more than just a hooked up with her. We have to witness about 10 mins of everyone shouting around and yelling at Craig and Whitney storming off, I was dizzy. I really needed to collect myself. And this is basically what everyone talks about for the entire episode, so brace yourself. It's really hard not to think that they're all getting a bonus every time they mention Kathryn's name. It's sort of comical how people who spend so much time not wanting to be around a person, talk about them non stop. Bravo set up? I think so.

And with that, here are my moments of Real vs. Fake on this week's Southern Charm.

Real Moments

  • Whitney's complete shock that Craig would even bring up the situation between himself and Kathryn Calhoun Dennis. He storms off and goes upstairs to his room and then leaves early the next day with Cameran, of course, his new buddy. I really think that he was blindsided that this news was shared with Craig.
  • Craig bringing up the Kathryn Calhoun Dennis drama in the middle of a nice evening of hanging out. I gotta mark this as a real moment, because Craig is really a baby. That whole thing stemmed from a fight about how to cook steaks, for god's sake. JD was saying the exact same thing that Whitney was saying about KCD and all of the sudden Craig's just like "Oh you're just mad cause..." Yeah, I said those kind of statements in like middle school. Jesus.
  • Craig's inability to gauge a room and see how awkward his confrontation with Whitney has become for the rest of the group. He keeps going, even after Naomi tells him to reel it in because he's just coming off as someone who just wants to start shit. He acts like such a little baby in this scene, its annoying. 
  • Danni telling everyone they need to check themselves because there's no reason they should be excluding Kathryn but be friends with TRav. THANK YOU! I'm glad someone said it because it really doesn't make any sense. He's just as ridiculous as she is. We don't see Danni for the rest of the episode after that comment, I think Bravo executives stormed in and carried her out in a black hood for mentioning that on camera. 
  • Did Craig really have chew in his lip while drinking red wine? I know you're in the mountains and all but, Gag. 
  • We cut to Mount Pleasant where Kathryn is in the kitchen with Kensie and nanny Dawn. I loved seeing this little moment of Kathryn playing with her little girl and saying "She's waving! She's saying dadda!". Kensie is adorable and its really cute to see Kathryn as a mom because it seems like she let's her guard down and is actually normal for a moment.
  • Naomi has a little heart to heart with her bf Craig about the Whitney situation. She was effing pissed that he brought that Whitney situation up in front of everyone. She's tired of hearing about the Kathryn drama and would like for Craig to stop pushing the issue. Why thank you, Naomi. You're so right with that. I guess the only people who can make sensible comments on this show are the 'non cast members'. 
  • TRav saying that every time he opens his mouth it gets him in more trouble. I 100% believe that because you are a moron. 

Fake Moments

  • Cameran forcing Whitney and Craig to hash it out right after their fight. It was awkward and I don't even know why it happened. 
  • Mother dragging Michael through Charleston so she can slum it and go visit her one and only love, Whitney. Can we stop with the Patricia worship already? Especially after she says Whitney's loft looks like an ISIS prison camp. Is that suppose to be funny? 
  • Kathryn Calhoun Dennis "disappearing" because she's SO distraught that TRav was even thinking about going to LA for TWO DAYS to hang out with Whitney. TRav calls Nanny Dawn because he can't get a hold of KCD and she fills him in on the situation of why Kathryn is having another nervous breakdown. Does anyone else feel bad for Dawn? We have already witnessed two melt downs that she had to be in the middle of, so who knows how many are off screen. She better be paid well. 
  • TRav not going on the trip to LA to please Kathryn Calhoun Dennis. Stop acting like you care about her well being. 

  • Whitney and Larissa, ugh, can we not? Everything about these scenes between them is so...I don't even know what it is. 
  • TRav sending Kathryn Calhoun Dennis flowers. He probably has a florist on speed dial for every time he apologizes to her. And the standard card just says "I'm sorry" so it can be used for every occasion. 

Final Thoughts

  • Craig really thinks that he was asking Whitney a question about the Kathryn situation instead of spewing it out like a high school girl who knows a good piece of gossip. Grow up. And honestly, between this episode and last, I think I really am watching a different show than everyone else. Everyone on Twitter was like praising Craig and how he handled it, its bizarre. He acted like a brat
  • I love Naomi, she's good for Craig. 
  • Another thing people were talking about on Twitter last night, was justifying Kathryn Calhoun Dennis not wanting TRav to leave her the week before her due date. I get that, I really do. Whether I was with the person or not, I would really want him around for the birth of his child. However, can't she just handle it like a normal person? Why does she have to spiral out of control and not take his calls and have nanny Dawn be in the situation to explain why she's mad. Uuggghhh. I'd be sick of it, too. 
  • I think its time for Bravo to do some serious reworking of this cast. If the Kathryn and TRav drama gets dragged into season 4, I don't think I can take it. I'm ready to learn some new stories here. I'm sure the drama will happen on its own just like in season 1! Here is my dream cast: Cameran, Craig, Naomi, Elizabeth, JD, Shep, Danni, Landon, Cooper (where's Cooper been?). And that's it. So basically no Whitney, Kathryn Calhoun Dennis, and TRav. I'm over it. 
Well, folks, that's it for this week. The previews look good for next week, we'll see how this LA trip goes. If I'm being real, I'm ready to wrap up this season. 

Til next time!
xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment