Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Southern Charm Recap : Invite Gate



Even from the title of this episode I know I'm doomed to hear about Kathryn Calhoun Dennis not being invited to parties. I agree with Landon's sentiments "I'm so bored" of her. Also, can we stop adding "gate" to the end of every little disagreement?

Anyways, let's see what these kids are up to this week.

Craig and Naomi are packing up their things because apparently the house has been sold. Conveniently, she has a "fixer upper" house they can move into. I have to say again that I love her and them together. He confides in Naomi about pretty much getting TRav's panties in a bunch with the Jennifer Snowden issue and thinks that its Whitney's fault that Mother is not inviting Kathryn Calhoun Dennis to the parties.

He tells her his elaborate reasoning as to why Whitney is jealous of TRav and Naomi speaks for all of us when she says "Its really hard to follow you on this..." #mahgirl

Basically he thinks Whitney has feelings for Kathryn Calhoun Dennis.
Don't think so, he has Larissa, his Austrian reality show celeb/model girlfriend and we actually see them talking on the phone as if they're still really in a relationship! Dawwww, how cute.

Speaking of Kathryn Calhoun Dennis, we see her meeting Cooper for lunch with a new Birkin bag...a reward for herself...because of "everything". Yes sweetheart, you deserve it.

 Its FAUX real...she says is like fo' real but them spells out faux so we know its fake. She doesn't have money but she just wants everyone to think she can still keep up the appearances. I really don't get it, Kathryn Calhoun Dennis is trying to act like she doesn't have a dollar to her name but that's so not true. I can't be fooled with your little act, I watched season 1 and 2.

Cooper says Mother told him its not good for his imagine to hang out with Kathryn Calhoun Dennis. *Yawn* I'm bored with them.

HOLD ON, he actually tells Kathryn that he doesn't trust Jennifer Snowden. This is new! It's different to hear someone besides TRav say that.

Who's this girl bringing shit to Shep's house? Bailey, we find out her name, She's umm..painting him? He poses with a surf board so that she can paint a picture of him fully dressed on a horse at the beach. Okay. He tells us that they haven't defined their relationship but she's definitely DTF. Oh Shep...she's not cute.

Landon and Whitney go thrift shopping...of course! They're looking for outfits for their roller disco party she's throwing for Shep's birthday. Sounds like fun to me, I'm down Landon. They have drinks IN THE SHOP and discuss the party, Landon says that Kathryn Calhoun Dennis is Debbie Downer! HA. I love it.

Ahhh, so Shep DOES still own the Palace Hotel bar. This is the first time he's mentioning it. Good for him! Cameron meets up with Shep at his bar and they talk about her new listing that she's going to mentor him through. Oh what wacky hijinks could come of this? Cameron always has to mention her commission..its weird. haha. I don't know why she does that.

We learn that Shep does think about settling down but he says you can't force "the right one". Which is true. I hope he's not thinking this Bailey is the right one...over Landon? Nah...(yes, I'm still hoping they get together)

We see Kathryn and TRav moving into their respective homes. I have to say...Kathryn Calhoun Dennis's house is ADORABLE. TRav's is grandiose and a perfect Charleston home but it's kind of tacky and he's definitely trying too hard with the decor.  Kathryn's is cute and settled and something that is fitting for her.

Kathryn stops by Danni's house. She says she thinks that her friendship with Danni is genuine and I think its because Danni IS genuine. Kathryn Calhoun Dennis says she hasn't reached out to Danni cause she's friends with Cameron and those guys and Danni encourages her to reach out to people in the group one on one.

I'm not okay with Landon's friendship with TRav. Oh well, she stops by to see his new place and she invites him to Shep's party...he can't make it but wants to know if she invited Kathryn Calhoun Dennis, ugh. We find out that she hates Landon because of a picture Landon posted of her and TRav out and about in London. Seems like a stretch to me..

Landon tells TRav that she's meeting with investors about a travel website she wants to start. I'm pretty sure you don't need investors to start your own travel website. Just start writing! You're on Bravo, someone will pick up your blog and start paying you for it.

KCD reaches out to Cameron to see if she wants to get a cup of coffee and Cameron straight up says no. Ha! I love it. Also, do you love Cameron's kitchen? I do!

We finally get to the roller rink for this party. Its going to be Shepic...

Omg, hot mess time...Shep is chilling on time for his own party and everyone else is late. Including Landon who is throwing the party! And there's no booze! I'd be pissed. Sorry this party sounds all about Landon...he doesn't seem excited at all. She straight up lies and says that she invited Kathryn! I don't know, Shep doesn't seem too into this party. Are there even non reality show friends here?

There's an awkward scene of everyone flailing around while trying to skate.



They all discuss Kathryn Calhoun Dennis because they're under the impression that Landon invited her but she didn't come which is a complete lie. Did Landon forget this show was being filmed and they were going to eventually see the truth? Or is this drama specifically constructed by Bravo? I'm on to you.

Craig is disappointed in Cameron for not wanting to get together with Kathryn Calhoun Dennis when she reached out. He also takes it upon himself to call Kathryn Calhoun Dennis and find out why she didn't come to the party if she was trying to smooth things over with the group.

JD and Elizabeth show up and they are so cute. It seems like with season 3 of this show, I'm more curious about the lives of the "side characters" like JD& Elizabeth, Danni, and even Naomi. I want to know more! Why have them around if they're only there to randomly comment to the newest drama?

Anyways, Shep talks with Kathryn Calhoun Dennis on the phone and she informs him that she was not invited to the party and didn't even know about it until she got Craig's voicemail. He gets really upset and I don't blame him. This is his party and Kathryn Calhoun Dennis is his friend. If Landon had a problem inviting her, she shouldn't have offered to throw him a party. End of story.


Shep confronts Landon in front of everyone about why Kathryn Calhoun Dennis wasn't invite to the party and she's all "If she didn't want to come, its not my fault, I texted everyone". Come on, Landon you didn't invite her. But homegirl keeps trying to put up the rouse the KCD was invited but just didn't come. She's all "Who cares" and Shep says "I care." And that's the end of the episode.

I don't know, I feel bad for Shep. The party was for him but had no trace of him in it at all. I mean no alcohol? It almost felt like he was mad about the party and finally had an excuse to get annoyed with Landon about the whole thing.

Landon is getting some major flack on Twitter about this episode and the last. Everyone is all #TeamKathryn and I'm over here like #TeamDanni. I'm BORED with these people this season. How do I get Andy Cohen to put some more air time onto Danni and JD & Elizabeth?

I feel like there is unnecessary drama and anything that gets Kathryn Calhoun Dennis more attention doesn't really do it for me. I miss the Landon from last season when she was just hanging out and being adorable. She's still super cute but she's all Bravo-tized now with her little comments about KCD which seem unwarranted.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.
Til next time!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment